Thursday, October 31, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Meet the Parents

In honor of Throwback Thursday and a very special Halloween 8 years ago, I thought I’d share a funny story about how my husband met my parents, my brother, and all my friends for the first time.

Dressed like this!



So 8 years ago—college years—it all began when I became this baseball player’s math tutor. It didn’t take long for me, even with my jaded, on-the-mend heart, to see that my preconceptions about this jock named Rick had been way off.

After weeks of tutoring sessions that had also become bible studys/coffee dates, Rick finally asked me out on an official date. (I was about ready to give up on the lug. Apparently driving me crazy was all part of his strategy to win my attention.Pretty sharp--not sure he even needed a tutor!) 

But since he’d asked me out the day before Halloween, and my brother was throwing this big party for our friends and family and a lot of his youth group kids, we decided we’d attend and have our date the next night.

Imagine my surprise when my date (and possibly my new “boyfriend”) struts in to meet EVERYONE I know, including my DAD in a push-up bra, a dress, a wig, jeweled sandals, five-o’clock shadow, and some impressive guns!

Talk about an ice-breaker! My mom gave me a mouthed “Wow” and a thumbs up the second Rick turned his back, btw! (Love my mom!) And I’m happy to report my awesome dad actually laughed (And made no mention of his gun collection.)


Do you have a fun meet the parents story? Or Halloween story? I’d love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I remember it well! I burst out laughing as he walked through the foyer. It was hysterical;)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone! I write this article to appreciate the good work of DR OGALA that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR OGALA. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother. Am happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend?  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR OGALA should contact him via E-mail: ogalasolutiontemple@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete